In 2004, Philly Shipyard, Inc. (PSI) established an apprenticeship program to develop the next generation of shipyard skilled workers and leaders. This three-year time-based competency program takes candidates with little or no experience and trains them to be multi-skilled employees that can perform successfully in a competitive market and participate in the future success of Philly Shipyard.
The application process is currently open for our Winter 2021-2022 Apprenticeship class.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must provide two letters of recommendation
- Must submit a copy of a HS Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must take the Philly Shipyard Mechanical Aptitude Test (Invitation Only once you apply)
- A $60 Money Order is required to sit for the Mechanical Aptitude Test (Instructions will be included with invitation)
The test date is scheduled for Friday, November 19 at Penn State at the Navy Yard
Deadline to Apply: Sunday, November 14
For more information, click here.